School Engagement Employer Award - Finalists
In 2020 our Directors, Jodie and Chris and our Andy (our new Recruitment Partner) became Enterprise Advisors to help local schools and colleges engage with businesses in order to develop their careers programs.
Throughout the last year they have all worked with Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP Skills) and the local schools and colleges to:
- Participate in both face to face (Pre pandemic) and virtual mock interviews with students from various schools
- Provide on line presentations on soft skills to students and course representatives
- Provide free CV advice and writing services to students approaching graduation
- Introduced careers leaders to businesses around Oxfordshire through networking
- Ensured all students throughout Oxfordshire would have access to free CV and interview guidance throughout 2021 through participation in the 'Find your Future' virtual careers platform
Enabling Jodie and Chris to work with the schools, and to take the time to create and provide the content has been a real team effort, and everyone at The Burford Recruitment Company were delighted to be nominated for the ‘School Engagement Employer Award’ by OxLEP at this years' Oxfordshire Apprentice Awards.
The School Engagement Employer Award is a new award created to "recognise organisations that have exceeded normal standards and expectations in engaging with local schools and colleges to inspire the next generation".
Following the Awards Committee meeting, The Burford Recruitment Company has been selected as one of the three School Engagement Employer Award finalists...
- The Burford Recruitment Company
- Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure Ltd
The Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards 2021 take place on May 6th 2021.